Friday, June 27, 2008

Bear Naked Training

Yesterday was hills...once again a Thursday hill run. This week we were going to extend the distance a bit, but I think most of us got started a bit earlier than when the coach got there so we've put it off. I was glad - not because I didn't want to run, but more because the heat was out yesterday (more so than the past weeks.)

Anyhow, I ran, I sweated, I ran some more and got thru it. After my relatively easy first one I thought for sure I could keep going, however by the time I got to my 3rd set I was starting to feel it and the heat was getting to me. I did manage to do 4 sets (did 5 last week) but all in all I was feeling pretty good.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and sitting in my inbox was an application to join the Bear Naked Team. I mean I was feeling pretty good and thinking I was making strides, but seriously...ready for the big time?!

HA

The heat must have really played games with my head - the application is for anyone interested in applying for the team, they just sent it out to active users. It kind of burst my bubble when my other more 'functioning' brain cells kicked into high gear, but after reading the info I thought I would share. It sounds like a pretty interesting organization.

So if this sounds like something that might interest any of you, dear readers, I encourage you to fill out the application form. Seriously, what have you got to lose??

3 comments:

Pdyrholm said...

At least for a fuzzy moment you knew someone had noticed how good you have become :-)
I guess it's something like the famous 15 min. of fame :-)
Running in that heat... well Don't really think I would do it

tootie said...

Congrats on completing the hills. They can be a killer sometimes!

Will you sign autographs for us when you're a famous photographed athlete? :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh! I dropped by your blog by way of another and saw your post regarding the bear Naked. I'd gotten that in my inbox as well. I'd been feeling good about myself, like workouts were paying off . . . but I don't know if I will ever feel THAT good lol!!

Great blog! I'll be back!