Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Running Oaf

Yesterday was the first day I ventured to an actual track to do some running. My normal runs consist of running thru the neighborhood, up and down the streets and enjoying the change of scenery as I progress closer to my intended goal. However, yesterday I decided to try something different.

Once upon a time I was a runner - one who enjoyed it each and every step of the way. It came easily, it was a natural ability, I was good at it, but yesterday it was a different story. Yesterday, it was hard, staring at those little white lines was sad, each step I took was heavy, I felt clumsy and out of place. I did not enjoy it in the least.

I don't know if it was because I wasn't really in the mood or if it was something about running on the track in the same circle, but it definitely wasn't something I want to repeat anytime soon. What intrigues me most is that once upon a time, I enjoyed this form of running and somewhere along the way I forgot how to. When did it become something so difficult and cumbersome as opposed to something light and natural?

I believe this is a mental block that I need to get past, a mental block that I am work on removing one step at a time!

No comments: