Friday, April 11, 2008

Scheduling another one

Today I took the next step after my hurdle and scheduled my next race. Yippy! I am convinced I am going to succeed at this, it may kill me somewhere along the way, but otherwise I will see the finish line.

Ok, so my next run is going to be the "Education That Works Out" 5K. I am excited (can you tell?) It's still a couple weeks away, but I am trying to schedule my races on sunday -soccer games on Sat and practices are on Fridays-it's enough to make me wonder "why did I sign up for this mess?" (not really)

I've also decided to head to the track for Tuesday workout sessions with a running coach. This little bit is intimidating. It's been, what feels like a lifetime, since I really put effort into running and here I am looking down that path again. My quitting running is a story for another day, but I've learned a few lessons and hopefully they'll keep me on the right path this time.

No comments: