Friday, July 18, 2008

Fuel for running

It's friday, which means I should have run hills last night - BUT - I did not. Actually, I had a wonderful date night with the hub at which I showcased my 'sexy running' calves by wearing (and dancing in) my super cute, super cool heels! (I know this is about running, not awesome chick shoes!)

Anyhow, the problem with date night was that it was on my scheduled running night so I decided in advance to run on Wednesday instead. I got all ready to go and realized the hub had errands and would be gone for a few hours.

I waited.

I waited some more.

I fed the kids, skipped dinner, and waited.

Eventually he came home, but I was already aggrevated = stressed so I headed out the door to run at 8pm. It was getting dark...I don't usually run in the dark and the hub was a little curious as to why I was running. All I knew was that I needed to get away and run...run until I felt better.

So, I ran.

I didn't venture very far, I ran in my neighborhood around this little path of houses. It's about a mile and a half for the whole loop, I am not very far from home and can do it for as long or short as I want. My point (to this long story) is that I was stressed when I left and I ran, ran, ran, ran some more until it was all gone. It was like someone had charged up the batteries completely and I just felt like I could go forever.

I only ran about 6 miles because it was getting late and dark and the hub already thought I was crazy, but still...

Do certain things motivate your runs more than others?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just say ' "only" ran 6 miles'?! Holy crap. Maybe you're the motivation I need to start running again. I ran one mile in 11 minutes and was thankful I didn't collapse! Yes, I'm out of shape, but yes, running makes me feel better.

tootie said...

I have some of my best runs when I have a lot on my mind. Running can be very stress-relieving!

By the way, I'm laughing because I also said the "I only ran 6 miles" to a group at lunch today, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. :)

April said...

Reading running blogs motivates me!!

And the 100 pushup challenge is going fine so far, although it is pretty hard. Tonight I'll do day three. Have you started?