Saturday, July 26, 2008

Early Bird gets the worm

Or in my case, a nice long run complete with sore feet from hell! :)

Yes, you read it right, I actually got out of bed early enough to make it across town for a long group fun. I was seriously contemplating going with the group that was headed out at 5am, but that would entail leaving my house at 4am and well, that just wasn't happening. I did make it to the 6 o'clock run though.

It was my first run with the group and I'm happy to say I did not die...actually I ran 1/1 instead of the normal 2/1 I run when I am running at home and had no issues keeping the pace. I got a 9 mi run in today and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm a little tired, but that is ok.

Actually I thought it was a great way to start the day. I got the run in and then I came home, destressed, painted my kitchen, juggled my 3 kids AND made some fresh salsa for my dinner. (Ok, so chips and salsa is not the healthiest dinner, but its what I have been craving)

All in all, its been a great end to a pretty good week. Hope yours ended with a bang!

No comments: